Wednesday 10 December 2014

Pumpkin Pecan Pie Baked Oatmeal

Its way past Thanksgiving, but with Christmas coming up, does it really matter?

 
I combined two classics; Pumpkin Pie and Pecan Pie. It was amazing. The pumpkin base dense and the pecan butter ooey gooey and rich. Try it!

 
In other news, my Thanksgiving went fantastic. The dishes I made all come out really well. My sisters boyfriend helped by making the cornbread and my parents have already agreed to let me make the cornbread and green bean casserole again at Christmas. I can't wait. I'm currently trying to perfect a single serving cornbread recipe and am almost there. So stay tuned.
 
A big thanks and recommendation of Outsider Tarts Cornbread recipe and Deliciously Ella's Sweet Potato and Carrot recipe and her luscious, and I mean super luscious Pecan Pie (I ate half of the damn thing. With no regrets. Other than not eating more).

 

Pumpkin Pecan Pie Baked Oatmeal


Ingredients:

1/2 Cup/45g Rolled Oats
1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
1/2 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1-2 Tsp Maple syrup
1/2 Cup Pumpkin Puree
1/4 Cup/60ml Milk of choice
 
Optional:
1 Egg white, lightly beaten to loosen
1 TBSP Flaxseed
 
2-3 TBSP Pecan Butter
3-4 Extra pecans

Method:

1. Preheat the oven to 350F/180/Gas Mark 4. Grease a ramekin with cooking spray or butter.
2. Mix the first four ingredients (Add the flax if using) stir till all combined.
3. Add the vanilla, maple syrup and pumpkin (And egg white, if using). Stir. Add the milk TBSP at a time till wet but not sloppy. Pour into your ramekin and bake for 17-20 minutes till firm. Put the pecans in a 3-4 minutes before its down to toast. Take them out when their aromatic.
4. Spread the top of the oatmeal with the pecan butter, mine was very firm so I was able to make it into a thick disc. Then press the toasted pecans into the top.


No comments:

Post a Comment