Wednesday 10 December 2014

Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Oatcakes

Yes, this was inspired by the baked oatmeal recipe by 'The Breakfast Drama Queen'. Try her recipe. Seriously try it. Then your see why I attempted a oatcake version.



Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Oatcakes

Ingredients:

3/4 Cup/60g Rolled Oats
1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
1/2 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 Cup Pumpkin Puree
1 Tsp Maple Syrup
1/2 Cup Milk of choice
 
Cinnamon Batter:
1/4 of Pumpkin batter
2 Tsp Maple Syrup
1/2-1 TBSP Cinnamon, or more, to your taste, I added till it was smack in the face cinnamon
 
Topping:
Maple Vanilla yogurt, add TBSPs of milk at a time and whip to a 'pourable' consistency
Walnuts, roughly chopped (Optional)

Method:

1. Blitz oats, salt and baking powder to a fine flour. Add the pumpkin, vanilla, maple syrup, spice and 1/3 of the milk. Blend. Add more milk till the batter reaches a paint like consistency. Pour out 3/4 into a bowl. Add the maple syrup and cinnamon and blitz again, adding more milk till its thinner but still batter like and pourable.
2. Heat a pan or griddle over a meduim heat. Once its ready spray with non stick spray.
3. Spoon batter into the pan and smooth into rounds, 1/4 Cup measures or a heaped TBSP is the right size. Using a teaspoon or a sandwich bag filled with the batter, create a swirl with the cinnamon batter. When bubbles form on the surface and the edges of are set enough to get a spatula underneath flip them over and cook for another minute on the other side. Repeat till on the batter has been used up.
4. Stack and pour over your icing and sprinkle over some more cinnamon. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog so much!! The unending creativity is refreshing and you have some amazing ideas!! I can't wait for future recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg, thank you! I am so sorry for not replying to my very first commenter! I've been on hiatus since Christmas, so please forgive me. I've had a quick look over your own blog just now, your food looks so good, making me hungry and I've only just eaten :P Thank you for the support! :)

      Delete