Wednesday 10 December 2014

Chestnut Brownie Baked Oatmeal

I'm really not a fan of chestnuts. Unless their in stuffing. I have tried them plain (Still cooked and peeled) each time I've made each of the Oatmeal Artists Chestnut recipes. Each time I sort of chewed and screwed up my face, baby style. All of her recipes were amazing though, she added ingredients that helped the chestnuts become appealing, and I wanted to make one of my own.

 
This recipe is based off of a pie recipe in which the chestnuts are pureed and mixed with chocolate, butter, sugar and mascarpone and pour/covered by a chocolate pastry. That doesn't sound healthy though does it? So I tried out my own variation, and it turned more into a brownie than a pie.
 
I didn't use them but would recommend adding chocolate chips to the chestnut filling to keep it extra moist.

Chestnut Brownie Baked Oatmeal

Ingredients:

1/2 Cup/45g Rolled Oats
1/4 Tsp Baking powder
Pinch of Salt
2 TBSP Cocoa Powder
1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
2-3 TSP Maple syrup or sweetener
1/3 Cup/80ml Milk of choice
30g Plain/Dark Chocolate
8-10 Chestnuts, cooked and peeled
 
Optional:
A good handful of chocolate chips

Method:

1. Preheat the oven to 350F/180C/Gas Mark 4. Grease a ramekin or single serving dish.
2. Combine the oats, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Stir. Add the vanilla and 1-2 TBSPs of syrup/sweetener. Stir. Add TBSP of milk at a time till the oats are wet but not sloppy.
3. Melt the chocolate in the microwave on 20 second blasts till smooth. Blend the chestnuts and 1 Tsp of the syrup/sweetener. Use a couple of TBSPs of the milk to get it going but keep it as thick as you can. Stir in chocolate chips if using.
4. Pour enough oat mixture your ramekin to coat the bottom. Pour on top the chestnut mix then the rest of the oats. It doesn't matter if it covers it all. Bake for 17-20 minutes. Till set.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment