Monday 17 November 2014

Witches Brew (Green smoothie) Stove Top Oatmeal

This is half a month to late. But I want it on my blog and I'm not waiting a whole year. I'll forget.

 
 
Its a basic recipe. But very festive. And a great way to empty your cupboard of miscellaneous edible things. As well as getting in your veggies without the God awful taste of them.


 

 

Ingredients:

1/2 Cup/40g Rolled Oats
1 Cup/240ml Liquid of choice, I use half 2/3 Milk, 1/3 Water
Pinch of Salt
1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Big handful of fresh/1 big hunk of frozen and thawed of Spinach
1 Ripe Banana
 
Toppings:
Anything weird looking and tasty:  I used fruit leather tentacles, mulberries, raisins, walnuts, pistachios, goji berries, crunchy peanut butter and cacao nibs. But go crazy.

Method:

1. Blitz your banana, spinach and a few tablespoons of liquid (Enough to get it going) till all green and disgusting looking. Like the picture. It will be real thick with little bits of spinach.
2. Bring the rest of the liquid to the boil, add the oats and salt and reduce to a simmer.
3. Once more liquid has absorbed add the vanilla and the green gloop. Mix in well. Once it reaches a consistency you like, adding some more liquid if its to thick for you, transfer to a bowl. Swirl in nut butter and top with your garish add ins. Enjoy!
 
I hope you had a great Halloween. And if I'm not still running this blog next October, which I hope I still am. Happy Halloween for 2015!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment