Tuesday 18 November 2014

Poached Pear and Chocolate Chip Stove Top

 
Some people dislike pears. Its the texture, I'm sure. To be honest I used to hate pears myself. Apparently they were one of my mums big pregnancy cravings. Have I said this before? Anyway, I loved them when I little but went off them with age, like bananas. But poached pears have become my new thing. Of course you don't have to poach your pear, just use a ripe one.
 
The sauce is optional. But does make it extra gooey and rich. If using cacao be warned that it can become grainy, in comparison to cocoa powder, so mix it up well.
 

Poached Pear Chocolate chip Oatmeal

 

Ingredients:

1/2 Cup/40g Rolled Oats
1 Cup/240ml Liquid of choice, I use 2/3 Almond milk 1/3 Water
Pinch of Salt
1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
 
1 Pear
Optional: Tsp Sweetener of choice, 1/4 Tsp cinnamon, 1/8 tsp Nutmeg and ginger, one bit of lemon/orange peel and 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
 
Handful of chocolate chips, I used milk
 
Raw Cacao sauce:
1 Tsp Maple syrup, or sweetener of choice
2 TBSP Cocoa powder or 1 TBSP Cacao
1-2 TBSP Milk of choice, to desired consistency

Method:

Pear: Fill a saucepan big enough to hold your pear with enough water to cover it. Bring the water to boil and add the sweetener, lemon peel, vanilla and spice. Let it simmer for about 10 minutes to infuse. Add the pear and simmer until the pear is soft enough that a knife can be inserted easily. Like a potato.
 
1. Bring the milk to the boil, add the oats and salt and reduce the heat to a simmer.
2. Once more of the liquid has absorbed add the vanilla.
3. Mix up the sauce, sweetener and powder first to a paste then add in the milk to the consistency you want. Chop up the pear when the oats are almost done.
4. When the oats reach a consistency you like fold in the chocolate chips and half the pear and transfer into a bowl. Top with the rest of the pear and the sauce. Enjoy!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment