Tuesday 18 November 2014

Cinnamon Roll Oatcakes

I adore cinnamon. One of the reasons I've never tried the cinnamon challenge, because I don't want to be put of my number one spice. But I have only ever had one cinnamon roll in my life. It wasn't Cinnabon, and it was miniature. But still delicious.

 
This oatcakes were too, miniature. I halved the batter before cinnamony-ing and so had more cinnamon batter than I needed, and decided to make extra cinnamon pancakes. Split the pancakes 2/3 plain and 1/3 cinnamon. And spread the cakes out more after spooning them into the pan.


Cinnamon Roll Oatcakes

Ingredients:

1/3 Cup/60g Rolled Oats
Pinch of Salt
1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Ripe Banana
1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 Cup/120ml Milk of choice
 
Cinnamon Batter:
1-2 Tsp Maple syrup
As much cinnamon as you desire, I used ALOT
 
Icing:
1/3 Cup/100g Yogurt of choice. I used Greek
1 Tsp Maple syrup or sweetener of choice
1/4 Cup/60ml Milk of choice
1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract

Method:

1. Blitz oats, salt and baking powder to a fine flour. Add the banana, vanilla and 1/3 of the milk. Blend. Add more milk till the batter reaches a paint like consistency. Split into two bowls. One 1/3 and the other 2/3. Add the maple syrup and cinnamon to the 1/3 and mix in.
2. Heat a pan or griddle over a meduim heat. Once its ready spray with non stick spray.
3. Spoon batter into the pan and smooth into rounds, 1/4 Cup measures or a heaped TBSP is the right size. Using a teaspoon or a sandwich bag filled with the batter, create a swirl with the cinnamon batter. When bubbles form on the surface and the edges of are set enough to get a spatula underneath flip them over and cook for another minute on the other side. Repeat till on the batter has been used up.
4. Stack and pour over your icing and sprinkle over some more cinnamon. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment