Monday 17 November 2014

Bonfire Overnight Oats

So like the last post. This ones late. Not as late as the last one. But still hella late. Technical difficulties people! My laptop. My NEW laptop is playing up. ALOT. And so I'm gonna bang out as many of my stacked up posts as possible before it realises that is being complient.

 
To celebrate Bonfire Night, or Guy Fawkes, or whatever you call it, the 5th of November for most of you., I decided to create an 'abstract' Bonfire in the form of a overnight parfait.

 
Now, I didn't go to any firework night celebrations, I heard many though. Loud and frequent. And only the start. The celebrations around my way won't end till New Years.

Bonfire Overnight Oats

Ingredients:

1/2 Cup/40g Rolled Oats
1/2 Cup/120ml Milk of choice
2 Tsp Chia seeds
1/2cup/100g Yogurt of choice
 
2 Cup of frozen Strawberries, thawed
1 Cup frozen Mango, thawed
4 TBSP of Marmalade
 
Red fruit leather
Cacao nibs

Method:

1. Split the oats into two bowls. Add half the milk, 1 Tsp chia seeds and half the yogurt to both. Blend half the strawberries and add to one. Blend Half the mango and add to the other. Cover both and put in the fridge to chill overnight or for at least four hours.
2. Blend the rest of the strawberries. Drop the cacao nibs into the bottom of your class. Layer the oats, marmalade, and strawberry sauce until all are used up or your glass is fully up. Top with fruit leather flames and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment