Thursday 30 October 2014

Scary Garcia Overnight Oats

As its Halloween tomorrow I thought I would post the recipe to my second from last Halloween special, which I had last week but haven't been able to post since. I have lots more to make. But I'll save them for next year.

 
I present to you the 'Scary Garcia'

 
Yes. That's a spider. My attempt at one at least.

 
Now of course, this like all my other Halloween specials can be made any day of the year, its cherry Garcia overnight oats, just topped with an edible spider.
 

Scary Garcia Overnight Oats



Ingredients:

1/2 Cup/40g Rolled Oats
1/2 Cup/120ml Milk of choice
Pinch of Salt
1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4-1/2 Cup of Yogurt of choice, (Greek, plain, vanilla) make it as creamy as you want.
1 Tsp Maple syrup or sweetener of choice, to taste
A big handful of cherries, fresh or frozen and thawed
A big handful of chocolate chips, I used milk but use plain if you wish

4-5 TBSP of Cherry jam

Decoration:
1 Cherry
1 Fruit roll-up/leather, I used a BEAR Yoyo

Extra chocolate chips

Method:

1. Mix the first five ingredients and either the flax or chia seeds in a bowl/jug/mason jar, cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least four hours.
2. Fold in the chocolate chips and cherries.
3. In a glass/mason jar layer the oats. Jam at the bottom, then oats and so on with oats at the top. If your just having the oats like this, enjoy! If not, melt the extra chocolate or chips in the microwave, heating on 20 second blasts till smooth. You could make a mini piping bag or just a spoon and knife like I did. Work fast to form a spider web because the chocolate will harden fast on top of cold oats. Cut the fruit leather into equal lengths, plop a cherry in the centre and arrange your 'legs'. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment