Wednesday 29 October 2014

Rosemary Honey grilled Fig Stove Top Oatmeal

This is a weird one. I'm not sure what to make of it myself but it was interesting.
 
 
Lately herbs have been creeping into the breakfast of other bloggers. I thought I would add my own recipe into the mix. Unfortunately, I made this weeks ago when fig season was sadly coming to a close. But I have being experiencing technical difficulties. My notebook broke. And had to wait for my birthday to receive a new laptop. Annoyingly its currently playing up but I hope to have it sorted soon.
 

After struggling to eat this bowl of oats, gnawing on fig halves I would say, if your gonna make it chop up the figs. Mix half of them into the oats and top with the other half. It will distribute it much better and make it a hell of a lot easier to eat.

Rosemary Honey Grilled Fig

Ingredients:

1/2 Cup/40g Rolled Oats
1/2 Cup/200ml Milk of choice
Pinch of Salt
1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1-2 Sprigs of fresh rosemary, finely chopped
2-3 TBSP Honey
1-2 TBSP Yogurt of choice, (Greek, plain, vanilla)
 
Optional: 2 TBSP Flaxseed
 

Method:

1. Bring milk to the boil, add the oats and salt and reduce the heat. (Add the flax now).
2. Once more of the liquid has absorbed add the vanilla.
3. Meanwhile, set the grill (broiler) to medium. Lay the figs cut side up on a grill pan and drizzle with 1 1/2 TBSP of the honey, scatter with the rosemary. Place under the heat.
4. Whip 1/2 TBSP of the honey into the yogurt and set aside.
5. When the figs begin to caramelize and the outside starts to dry out, cut them up. Add half to the oats once they reach a consistency you like and transfer to a bowl. Top with the yogurt and the remaining figs and 1 TBSP honey.


No comments:

Post a Comment