Friday 10 October 2014

Chocolate Blackberry Overnight Oats

Ignore the horrid pictures. I was visiting a University the day I had this, and so I had to serve it in a container I could bring with me.


At least you know its able to travel. I ate it on the four hour car trip up north. The university was worth it though.


Yes. I know that I just posted this combination in oatcake form. But that only proves how great the flavours work.

Chocolate Overnight Oats


Ingredients:

1/2 Cup/40g Rolled Oats
Pinch of Salt
120ml Milk of choice, I used Rebel Kitchens Choco Mylk
2 TBSP Cocoa powder
1 Tsp Maple syrup or sweetener of choice
1/2 Tsp Vanilla extract

Optional: 2 TBSP Flaxseed

Blackberry sauce:
Big handful of blackberries, fresh or frozen and thawed
1 Tsp Maple syrup or sweetener of choice

Cacao Nibs
Blackberries

Method:

1. Mix up all the oat ingredients in a bowl/jug. Cover and chill in the fridge overnight or for at least four hours.
2. Either heat the blackberries in a saucepan with the sweetener till squishable and thickened, or thaw the berries overnight, squish (Heating in the microwave if still solid) and mix in the sweetener. Make the chocolate sauce.
3. Layer then oats, blackberry sauce, a bit of chocolate sauce and repeat. Scatter with cacao nibs or chocolate chips and more blackberries and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment