Monday 25 August 2014

Peaches and Cream Stove top

Peaches, Peaches, Peaches. When I made the overnight oat recipes I said I would make the stove top. And I did. This is in fact my first stove top recipe on my blog. Big moment ;P


Now when it comes to stove tops I always use a half and half milk to water ratio, sometimes using all milk or with most savory recipes, all water. I recommend using all milk for this as it will give it a silkier texture.

Peaches and Cream Stove top

There are two parts to this recipe, the 'cream' and the oats. Adding half of the cream to the oats makes for an extra smooth and of course creamy texture to the oats. For me these were the pinical of summer. Light, fresh and sweet. Beautiful.


 Ingredients:

Cream:

1/2 Cup/ 100g serving of yogurt
1 tsp Maple syrup or sweetener of choice
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract

Oats:

1/2 Cup/40g Rolled Oats
Pinch of Salt
1 Cup milk of choice
1 tsp Vanilla extract
2 ripe peaches

Optional: 2 TBSP Flaxseed

Instructions:

1. Make the 'cream' by whipping the ingredients together. Put in the fridge to chill as you make the oats.
2. Bring the liquid to the boil. Add the oats and salt and turn down to a simmer. If adding flax, add it now.
3. Dice 1 1/2 peaches and stir into the oatmeal once some of the liquid has absorbed. (Peeling is optional but again, peeled makes it creamier)
4. Add in the vanilla.
5. When the oats reach a consistency your pleased whip in half the cream and transfer into a bowl. Top with the remaining cream and peach slices. Add a splash of milk if you wish or additional toppings. I added walnuts, my go to topping.




No comments:

Post a Comment