Wednesday 6 August 2014

Peach Melba Overnight Oats

Whilst making my 'Peach Melba Oatcakes' I thought, "This would fantastic as overnight oats!", funnily enough I have yet to make a 'Peaches and Cream' Overnight Oats to match my prior recipe, but I probably will. It's a simple, easy recipe, but no less glorious in taste.



Peach Melba Overnight Oats

As for the flaxseed, as I have said in previous posts I put it in all my breakfast oats, whether stove, baked or overnight. It acts as a gelling/thickening agent, as well as giving me a great dose of fatty acids and fiber.You could use chia seeds or omit the idea all together. Saying this I have never made overnight oats without it so cannot say what the outcome would be like or if any changes would be needed in measurements. I almost always have to add extra liquid the next morning because my oats are to thick to get the smooth cold stove top consistency that I like in my overnight oats.

Ingredients:

1/2 Cup/ 40g Rolled Oats
1/2 Cup/ 120ml milk of choice
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
1/2 Cup/ 50g yogurt (I use 0% fat greek yogurt which is why I add a good douse of maple syrup)
1 tsp Maple syrup (You can use less, or more, depending on your taste but I use it to mask the slighly sour taste of my yogurt)
2 ripe Peaches
A big handful of raspberries

Optional, 2 TBSP flaxseed

Instructions:

1. Cut the 1 peach into bite-size chunks, you could do it smaller or bigger if you want.
2. Mix the first six ingredients and fold in the peach chunks. Cover and let sit overnight or at least four hours.
3. If the oats are to thick for you, add another splash of milk till you get a consistency you like. Cut up the other peach into small chunks (I saved some in slices do decorate) and blitz the raspberries into a sauce (I left mine slightly chunky). Layer oats, sauce and peaches. Top with the last of the sauce, peaches and extra raspberries.





No comments:

Post a Comment