Wednesday 27 August 2014

Bounty Bar Oatcakes

As I put in my last post yesterday, Chocolate Banana Oatcakes you can also use the basic chocolate recipe to make other chocolate combos. Like Chocolate Coconut. But as I stuffed half with a coconut oatcake filling, they are bounty bar oatcakes.


Bounty Bar Oatcakes

These Oatcakes are perfectly indulgent, coconuty gloriousness. Not to toot my own horn or anything. When I walked past my mother on my way up to my room to gobble these beauties she stopped me to say how good they looked, and when I told her they were bounty bar based she demanded I make them for her soon. The coconut inside is very dense, packed with desiccated coconut and the alternating yogurts and chocolate sauce give the stack a chocolate gateau like feel.

The recipe for the maple and chocolate yogurts, as well as the raw chocolate sauce can be found in my last post.


Ingredients:

Oatcake Batter:

1/2 Cup/45 g  and 1 TBSP Rolled Oats
1/2 tsp Baking powder
Pinch of Salt
1/2 Cup/120ml milk of choice
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Ripe Banana

1-2 TBSP Cocoa powder

Coconut Batter:

1/4 tsp Coconut Extract
1 tsp desiccated coconut

Coconut yogurt:

Half serving of my Maple greek yogurt
1/4 tsp Coconut Extract
1 tsp desiccated coconut

Instructions:

1. Blitz 1/2 cup oats, salt and baking powder to flour consistency.
2. Add the banana, vanilla and half the milk and blend. Scrape down any stuck flour. Add extra milk and blend again if to thick. You want a paint like consistency. Pour a third of this mix into a little bowl and set aside.
3. Add the cocoa powder to the remaining mix, along with a little more of the milk since the powder will thicken it a bit and blend once more till thoroughly combined. Add in a third of the tsp of extra oats and sir in.
4. Add the remaining oats, coconut extract and desiccated coconut into the plain batter and mix it up.
5. Heat a pan or griddle over a medium heat. Once its ready spray with non stick spray.
6. Spoon half a tbsp of the coconut batter into the pan and smooth into a round. When bubbles form, flip. Spoon a full heaped spoonful of the chocolate batter on top of the little coconut oatcake and smooth down over the sides so its fully covered. Cook until the sides are set enough to get a spatula underneath and flip once more. Cook for a further minute on the other side. To make the plain chocolate oatcakes just cook as regular pancakes. Repeat till both batters are used up.
7. Layer with toppings of choice, I used coconut yogurt, chocolate yogurt and my raw chocolate sauce as well as more desiccated coconut.

Coconut yogurt: 

Whip up the regular yogurt with the additional extract and coconut.




No comments:

Post a Comment